EoI in Hosting the Symmetry Conference
The Symmetry Steering Committee seeks Expressions of Interest (EoI) from universities/organizations/individual scholars to host an edition of the Symmetry Conference Series. There is no restriction in the geographic areas considered.
What is Symmetry?
Symmetry is a conference series dedicated to bring together scientists and leaders from different areas to discuss important recent developments and ideas of symmetry in a variety of subjects ranging from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, to Biology.
The Second Symmetry conference will be held in Benasque, Spain, in September 2019.
Please note that the follow-on editions will not be restrained to the topics discussed in previous editions and, therefore, new and different topics within the symmetry field are sought.
The Symmetry conference is organized every two years. The Symmetry Steering Committee is accepting EoIs to organize editions from 2021 onwards.
Bidders must have the facility to organize and host a three-day symposium of roughly 150–200 participants including:
- Easy access to the symposium venue and the capability to offer a wide range of services, such as catering, WLAN and internet services, organization of social events.
- Ability to cover all costs with registration fees and sponsoring.
When necessary, and based on the input provided by the local host, MDPI will provide administrative support and will manage the website on Sciforum. MDPI will help to edit the abstracts and prepare the conference book. MDPI will help to design the logos and banners for the conference website, flyers, posters, roll-ups, lanyards, conference bags, etc. following the style of previous Symmetry edition. MDPI will promote the new conference edition on relevant MDPI journals and any other relevant communication channels.
Expression of Interest Instructions
- EoI must be submitted to EoI@mdpi.com
- The length of the application should not exceed two A4 pages and should include:
- Name(s) of the bidder(s), contact details and a short biography
- Name of the planned venue (city and infrastructure)
- Proposed dates for the conference
- Proposed topics for the conference
The Selection Committee looks forward to receiving your EoI. Please feel free to forward this call for EoI to other interested parties.
The Selection Committee:
Dr. Lucia Russo
Ms. Delia Su